“Oh, you are going to Disney World!!! That’s awesome.. But wait… I didn’t think you had kids? What are you going to do there if you have no kids?”
Ah yes, my favorite line from many a people that I meet along the path of life. That is right, YES we are going to Disney and NO we do not have any children. Yes, one day, if we are blessed with children, we would love to take out child there, but if it will only be my husband and I, like a real life Carl and Ellie, we shall embrace adventure at our favorite place, Walt Disney World. So here a few benefits to going it alone, as adults.
1. Fine Dining. Of course children are allowed at the fine dining establishments in WDW, but there is nothing like a nice romantic dinner with your loved one, with some amazing food and excellent service. We had dinner in Queen Victoria’s Room at Victoria and Albert’s on our last trip. This dinner was about 4 hours long, including over 10 courses and wine tasting. It was a night we will never forget, just the two of us. Also, when I was a kid, I ruined every meal we ever went to. HA. ask anyone who traveled on that first fateful trip.
2. Rides for Two. Well, we never have to fight over who will sit with who on specific rides! And no height requirements, so no one feels left out.
3. Minimal Temper Tantrums. I’m not gonna lie, I have had a few “special moments” I’m not to proud of while being on Disney property… but it’s nothing like some of the extreme melt downs by kids I have seen. It’s actually beautiful when you see them, the kid stops moving, goes down on the ground for the count, kicking screaming… pure brilliance kid, pure brilliance!
4. Can I Buy That??? Well, I must say, I’m spoiled. Just ask my husband. But at least with just the two of us, he can fuel my vinyl, pin, and Dooney & Bourke obsessions.
5. Getting a little Goofy. From having drinks around the “World Showcase”, to night life over at Downtown Disney, when it’s just adults, you are more likely to let your hair down and enjoy!
6. Nap Time is REALLY Nap Time.. My husband and I love getting into the parks extra early, and heading home midday to take a nap. No one to fight us about taking that afternoon snooze.
7. Disney is Romantic. From fireworks shows, to fine dining, to horse and carriage rides, Disney has everything that you can imagine to make your trip with your loved one a romantic time!
These are just a few of my fun things my husband and I like to do while traveling alone. If you are looking to go and leave the kids at home, I’m your girl! From honeymoons, to anniversaries, to friend getaways, let me know how I can make your Disney vacation a fun and awesome one!!! Contact me today for a free quote, Tracy@travelwiththemagic.com